Built in 1928, this exquisite Southern Colonial estate is nestled on beautiful grounds in the heart of Old Mountain Brook. It has five bedrooms and three and a half baths plus a guesthouse with a bedroom and full bathroom. With only three owners, the original beauty of this historic home has been lovingly maintained throughout the years. Features include tall ceilings, custom millwork, gracious arches, hardwood flooring, crown moulding, picture moulding, solid wood doors and four fireplaces. The main level master suite includes a large bedroom with a fireplace, two walk-in closets and a fabulous bathroom. Upper level has four additional bedrooms with walk-in closets and two bathrooms, a dressing room and a sunroom. Exterior grounds feature stone terraces and walkways, old world style street lanterns, formal gardens, an expansive backyard with a swimming pool set in wooded privacy, a pool house and a charming guest house. This home is sophisticated yet very relaxed and comfortable.
Single Family, Other
3 Full/1 Half
Public Water Service
6,709 sq. ft
Yes - 3 spaces
Detailed Room Information
- Den/Study, Kitchen, Laundry Room, Living Room, Library, Breakfast Room
- Master BR with Closet, Walk-In Closet
- Hookups in Laundry Room
- Breakfast Bar, Island, Butler Pantry
- Bath Description
- Jetted Tub, Linen Closet, Combined Tub/Shower, Full Bath, Half Bath, Master Bedroom Bath
- Central Heat, Gas Range/Cooktop, Dishwasher, Disposal, Ice Maker, Double Oven, Refrigerator
- Hardwood, Tile, Carpet
- Central Air, Electric
- Gas Heat, Electric Heating. Heat Pump, Forced Air.
- Partial, Daylight
- 4. Brick, Marble, Masonry, Stone, Den, Family Room, Living Room, Master Bedroom, Gas Burning.
- Security System
- Additional Interior Features
- Pull Down Attic Stairs, Attic Storage, Crown Molding, Smooth Ceiling, Ceilings Trey, French Doors, Sound System, Wet Bar, Stone Counter Top, Tile Counter Top
Exterior / Lot Features
- 3 Garage Spaces. Rear Entrance, Circular Driveway.
- Deck, Screened Porch, Covered, Patio
- Sprinkler System
- Pool Description
- In-ground, Child safety fence
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Deck-Covered, Gazebo, Guest Quarters. Paved Road, Public Roads, Acreage.
Active Market Trends
Source: MLS DATA
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Source: MLS DATA
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price
Arrows indicate 90 day trend
Source: Birmingham Area Assoc of Realtors